The doctoral study programme The Education of Teachers and Educational Sciences primarily facilitates the realisation of the following goals, a deepening of the understanding of theoretical and methodological concepts in the area of the education of teachers and educational sciences; equipping the candidates for the independent development of new knowledge and for solving the most difficult professional and scientific problems in an interdisciplinary perspective; the development of critical reflection and ethical responsibility in research, as well as social and communication competences for leading professional and research work; equipping the candidates for the critical monitoring (testing, improving) of known factors and for forming new solutions for the scientific-discipline field and for practice; equipping the candidates to independently lead scientific research and/or professional projects and the most demanding work systems.
General information about the programme
TEACHER EDUCATION AND EDUCATIONAL SCIENCES
Third Cycle Study Programme
Orientations of the study programme
Scientific Area Teacher Education:
– teaching, learning, and education;
– teaching Slovene language and literature;
– teaching mathematics, computing, natural sciences and technical studies;
-teaching social sciences and the humanities;
– teaching in the area of art.Scientific Area Educational Science:
– social education;
– special and rehabilitation education;
– preschool education;
– educational policies;
– supervision, organisation and personal counselling.
Modules of the programme
1. Obligatory Modules
2. Study Orientation Modules
3. Elective Modules (the candidate selects 4 modules; these modules are also offered to students of other doctoral programmes of the University of Ljubljana)
4. IRW Modules for the Doctoral Dissertation
doctor of science (abbreviation Dr)
General conditions for enrolment in the programme
The doctoral study programme is open to candidates who have concluded:
1. A study programme on the second level.
2. A study programme that educates the candidate for a profession, determined by directives of the European Union, if the study programme is evaluated with 300 ECTS or another unified masters programme that is evaluated with 300 ECTS.
3. A previous study programme for gaining university education (programmes prior to the Higher Education Act of 03.09.2004).
4. A previous study programme for gaining a specialisation, prior to which a specialist higher education programme has been completed. Prior to enrolment in the study programme the faculty can determine additional obligations for these candidates, to the extent of from 30 to 60 ECTS.
5. A previous study programme for gaining a master of science or a specialisation after concluding a study programme for gaining university education. In a third level doctoral study programme these candidates are credited with study obligations to the extent of at least 60 ECTS.
Graduates from foreign universities can also enrol in doctoral study. The equivalence of previously gained education abroad is determined by the procedure of acknowledging foreign education for the continuation of education, in accordance with the statutes of the UL.
Dates of information days:
In Slovenian: 3 May 2023 at 17:00, Room 026, UL PEF, Kardeljeva ploščad 16, Ljubljana;
The candidates must submit their application for enrolment into the doctoral study programme online, namely via the eVŠ online portal which is accessible via the following eVŠ address: https://portal.evs.gov.si/prijava/?locale=en. Detailed instructions for filling out the form are also available on the above website.
The application should include:
Signed copy of the application form (Candidates apply at the eVŠ web portal)
Certified copy of diploma or a copy of the graduate certificate for graduate and undergraduate studies)
Legally attested Slovene translation of the certificate/diploma referred to in the first indent or legally attested English translation of the certificate/diploma referred to in the first indent;
Legally attested photocopy of the evidence on the contents and duration of education and the requirements fulfilled during the educational programme (Diploma supplement or annual report cards or transcripts or others)
(Annual report cards are certificates issued at the end of each school year bearing proof of the contents and duration of education. Transcripts contain proof of enrolment in a certain education/study programme, courses taken and examinations passed and must be certified by the school. A diploma supplement is normally part of the diploma and contains information on the contents and duration of education.);
CV and bibliography (if the candidate has published articles or other publications)
if possible, evidence for the of informally acquired knowledge and experience in the research area the applicant is applying to.
Students with a master’s degree or those have completed a certificate programme and a previous undergraduate programme must enclose certification of the academic requirements completed in the programme at the higher education institution they were enrolled in, and an official copy of certified and valid syllabuses for the courses and other activities through which they completed their academic requirements.
Tuition Fees, Price Lists for Studies
Tuition fees and other costs of enrolment into doctoral study programmes at the University ofLjubljana are published in the Services Price List for Students.
The tuition fee for the entire doctoral programme (4 years) amounts to € 12.000,00. The tuition fee for the first year amounts to € 3.000,00. The tuition fee shall be paid in installments, under the following conditions:
the first installment, 10% of the total tution fee, is payable upon enrollment (300,00 €),
the second installment, 45% of the total tution fee, is payable by 30th December of the current study year (1350,00 €),
the third installment, 45% of the total tution fee, is payable by 28th February of the current study year (1350,00 €).
Recognition of education process for admission to the 1st year of Doctoral programme
The procedure starts with the application for study in Slovenia. The procedure is conducted by the authorised person at the individual academy/faculty of the University of Ljubljana.
Guidance through the application and the required evidence is available on the Ministry of Education, Science and Sport web-sites. Please note that the required evidence of foreign education can vary, dependent on the individual foreign country of origin.
Faculty of Education, University of Ljubljana
Documents for the dissertation topic proposal and the conclusion of the studies
A) Rules and regulations for doctoral studies at the faculty of education of the university of Ljubljana