Information about the Study Programme
|Type||second cycle master study programme|
|Number of ECTS||60|
|Orientation||the programme does not have orientations|
Conditions for Enrolment and Criteria for Selection in the case of Limited Enrolment
Conditions for enrolment
Candidates can enrol in the study programme who:
A) have completed a first cycle study ‘Bologna’ programme to the extent of 240 ECTS;
B) have completed a postgraduate pedagogical study programme for gaining UN education.
For points A) and B) the following conditions also apply:
- Graduates can enrol in the study programme who have gained 240 ECTS and have concluded the study programmes: social pedagogy, social work, psychology, pedagogy;
- Candidates who enrol in the study programme and have previously gained 180 ECTS, whether in first cycle Bologna study programmes or in postgraduate programmes for acquiring high school or UN education, must gain an additional 60 ECTS. This can be organised in the form of an additional year.
- Candidates who prior to enrolment have gained 240 ECTS but have not concluded appropriate study programmes (as listed in the first paragraph of this section) must complete up to 60 ECTS of an additional programme, the execution of which is organised in the form of an additional year.
Criteria for selection in the case of limited enrolment
If the number of applications from candidates exceeds the number of announced available enrolment places the selection of the candidates for enrolment in the individual programmes will take into account the following criteria:
- the average grade achieved in undergraduate study (60%) and the grade of the graduation thesis or other form of conclusion of study (10%)
- a selection exam, in which the candidate demonstrates a familiarity with and overview of the field of social pedagogy (30%).
If in previous study the candidate did not complete a degree or other form of conclusion of study the average grade in the first cycle is taken into account to the extent of 70%.
Conditions for Advancement through the Programme
Students from the third and fourth paragraphs of point 4.6, who must first gain competences within the framework of an additional year, can be included in modules of the year of second cycle study only after they have gained the competences from the additional year.
Conditions for Concluding Study
In order to conclude study the student must gain all of the foreseen credit points from all of the appropriate parts of the programme. In this regard, credit points gained in other higher education institutions both in Slovenia and abroad (mobility) can be taken into account, as can credit points gained on the basis of recognised knowledge and skills (see point 4.7) providing these points have been gained in accordance with the UL Statute and the rules of the FEd, and have been confirmed by the faculty organs.
Subject Schedule of the Study Programme
1st Year, 1st Semester
The Methodological and Research Treatment of Themes from the Field of Education and Psychosocial Work with People, The Interdisciplinary Research Treatment of Themes from the Field of Education
Three Professional Modules *
Minorities, Inequality and Intercultural Dialogue, Studies of Social Pedagogy Theories and Practice, Counselling Processes, Management in the Field of Social Pedagogy
1st Year, 2nd Semester
Professional Elective Module
Biographies and Life Situations, An Integrative Model of Counselling Work, Work with the Family, Penology, Social Pedagogical Work with Frequently Excluded Groups of People, Experiential Pedagogy and Media in Social Pedagogy, The Theoretical and Experiential Bases of Supervision, Contemporary Paradigms in Psychology, Psychosocial Work in the Field of Mental Health, Human Resource Management, Analysis of European Social Policies
Common Elective Module
Master’s Thesis (undertaken in the form of consultations)
* Select three of the four modules