Information services for students
Every student needs a unique digital identity provided by the University of Ljubljana (abbr. UL ID) to work with the information systems of the Faculty of Education.
→ Digital identity
→ ID portal in English: https://id.uni-lj.si/
On the portal, you can activate your digital identity, update your profile, and change different application settings.
Digital identity and the corresponding email are the official forms of communication with the faculty during your studies, so be sure to check if you have a working mailbox connected to your UL ID.
You also need the UL ID to access the systems and services during your studies at the UL PEF:
· Student Information System - VIS (application for exams, examination of grades, schedules)
· Use of computers in the lobby of the UL PEF,
· Computer classrooms at UL PEF,
· EduRoam wireless internet network (instructions), provided by Arnes,
· Services provided to students by the University of Ljubljana:
Problems with your UL digital identity?
Mailbox and email address
By creating a digital identity, you also create an email address. By default, all students have an email address identical to their username (e.g. email@example.com).
· Access to email inbox: https://mail.google.com/a/student.uni-lj.si
· Login: only possible with digital identity - username and password used at UL (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
· Instructions for setting up a mail client on iOS and Android devices: Instructions-PEF-UL-ID-mailbox.pdf
It is recommended that you should create a friendlier email address or screen name, in the form of email@example.com. Do this at https://id.uni-lj.si/index.php?action=mailalias
Please note that you only enter your email inbox at https://mail.google.com/a/student.uni-lj.si with the username firstname.lastname@example.org and not your alias. This page takes a little longer to load, since the data are transferred to an external UL partner.
→ VIS (Higher Education Information System)
• Access: https://vis.pef.uni-lj.si
• Login name and password: Your digital identity is email@example.com
• Information and assistance are available at e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
→ Spletna učilnica PEF / UL PEF Online Classroom
• Access: ucilnica.pef.uni-lj.si
• Login name and password (from October 1, 2018): your digital identity of the form email@example.com
• Information and assistance are available at firstname.lastname@example.org
→ Eduroam (wireless network)
What is Eduroam?
Eduroam service provides the user with secure and easy access to the organization's (wireless) network and hosting in the networks of other institutions integrated into the Eduroam system. Thus, a user of the Ljubljana organization can access the secure Eduroam network in Maribor or Koper (or any Eduroam network abroad) transparently and free of charge, using the same username and password as used in the "home" Eduroam network. Networks are also part of the international system. Consequently. Slovenian users can also visit networks of educational and research institutions abroad.
More instructions and instructions for signing up for a wireless network are available on the ARNES website: https://www.arnes.si/helpdesk/eduroam/instructions-on-establishing-eduroam-connection/
Installation instructions for the Eduroam client
We recommend using the Eduroam CAT Online Wizard. When downloading the installation file, select:
Home organization: University of Ljubljana
User group: Students of the University of Ljubljana
Eduroam Network Login Information - Student Identity Downloaded from the Portal ID:
Password: Your password
The easiest installation of Eduroam on mobile devices is by using the Eduroam application from the store that will create the certificate, but you will need to enter the above username and password. Pay attention to the future password changes, as they will affect both Eduroam and all other services accessed with this UL-ID!
Please try to sign in to EDUROAM and, if you still cannot enter, report the error via the Portal ID - Error Reporting.
Eduroam premises at the UL PEF
UL PEF premises, where you can connect to the Eduroam network:
Basement: Classrooms P006, P020, P038
Ground floor: UL PEF restaurant, lobby, classrooms 026, 048
1st Floor: Lobby, classrooms 102, 105, 132, hallway to the classrooms 114-119
2nd Floor: Classrooms 209, 212, 230
3rd Floor: Hallway to the classrooms 308-320, classroom 329
4th Floor: Library, classrooms 408, 410
In addition to the spaces listed above, Eduroam is also accessible in most corridors and in some classrooms adjacent to the spaces listed above.