Library of the Faculty of Education
|Main library||Reading room|
|Monday to Friday||7:30 - 19:00||7:30 - 19:00|
|Saturday||7:00 - 14:00||closed|
The library and the reading room are located on the 4th floor.
Search for library items.
View your loans, make requests, reservations and renew items online using this service.
Username is your students card or library card number. To set up the password contact a member of staff.
Digital Library of the University of Ljubljana - search the available e-resources.
Knjižnica Pedagoške fakultete
Kardeljeva ploščad 16
Email: knjiznica (at) pef.uni-lj.si
Tel.: +386 1 5892 332
The Library holds an extensive collection of current and historical items on education and related areas of social and natural sciences. In addition to supporting the work of the staff and the students at the Faculty of Education, it welcomes enquiries from all scholars, researchers, and others in the community with an interest in education.
The basic mission of the Library is to provide all types of library services and information (re)sources to support study and research.
The Library of the Faculty of Education is a member of the University of Ljubljana (UL) library system. UL has a decentralized library system, consisting of 39 academic libraries placed at faculties, academies and departments. There are also two central university libraries, the Central Technological Library and the National and University Library. Students are required to pay the library membership fee while enrolling at each academic year and can then use the facilities of all the UL libraries. The student card functions as a library card.
- A collection of books and documents on all aspects of education – 120.000 titles,
- A collection of academic journals – 8.000 titles available electronically and 150 titles in print,
- A wide range of other electronic resources, such as databases, electronic books, documents and websites, linked to the very latest information.
The library’s collections are supported by a team of dedicated professional staff, and by the provision of a wide range of services and facilities, such as
- loans and borrowing of library items,
- using public library catalogues, the cooperative catalogue and other databases and information sources,
- providing information about the sources and from the sources,
- assisting and providing advice on finding resources, information and using the library,
- giving information about the novelties in the library,
- providing interlibrary loans,
- reserving library items,
- providing appropriate training in the use of databases and software.